Sunday, October 16, 2005

Since I changed my job, I get a lot of free time which besides using constructively, I spend in watching TV.

The new spate of ads have simply left me dumb-founded.

1.The new LUX commercial of SRK. Wow. Thats what I wanted to push myself to use LUX! Yuck! I cannot imagine why LUX would use SRK! Its a predominantly female soap! anyways SRK doesnt even look nice in that tub with rose petals. of course the ladies look stunning.

2. The new diamonds ad wherein this guy is proposing and the girl says yes but get a proper ring first? Ahem?? Hullo! Arent we more interested in the diamonds? Sheesh...they make girls sound so cheap? There are exceptions to every rule ya ;)

3. Emami Fair and Handsome. yes thats what all of us were waiting for! I pity the poor ad fellas who had to work on such a product.

4. I like the DNA as well as Red FM billboards all across the city. They are catchy and attract a lot of attention.

5. Lastly the Coca Cola Sar Uta Ke Piyo campaign is quite a rage among my cola drinking friends.
Kudos to the ad team who made such a generic style of drinking soound so exclusive to Coke only. Smart move and the sar utta hai pyaar main is so adorable.

So thats that. Also the 2 shows I try not to miss these days is Laughter Champions and Nach Baliye - both on Star One. Innovation seems to be Star's forte and while they themselves introduced the teary serials, they are now publicizing their shows as a break from the soaps! I mean smartness ki bhi hadd hoti hai!

Anyways you go back to whatever you were doing....... I am sure it is more worthwhile.

2 comments:

Sujith said...

hey smiley!

Looks like your posts are attracting spam.Why dont you go and change your blog setting and in the "comments" ka window, tick on word verification.

Ramya Shankar said...

Nice post, the Hutch ads and the new Airtel ads are also worth a glimpse, esp the jingles.