Thursday, November 10, 2005

Love - Ah! Beautiful!

Sometimes all it takes is a bad day and dark mood to realise the power of love and its meaning. Am reading a book called The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks who refuses to let go of me. An amazing story of love and lifetime companionship. About how two lovers meet after 14 years of separation only to be inseparable even after he contracts arthritis and she Alzheimer's.
A beautifully worded and romantically written novel that makes you pray for Allison and Noah (the characters) Those who know me, know that I am not a mushy type of person at all. I have never read a single Mills n Boon novel. but inspiring love stories move me. they tell me the possibility of pure and intense love. it shows me that passion knows no age and simply holding hands can be as exciting as climbing the mountains.
For those who have felt the power of love (in others, felt and lost or are blessed to have it in their lives) will know that perfect love changes you as a person. it makes everything seem perfect. it makes you preserve roses long after they have been presented just to reminf u of the occassion. it makes you write letters which you never post. it makes you talk incessantly, it makes you value silence. it makes you feel special.
often friends who have loved and havent got the love back say, "The love I feel for him/her is enough. I know it wont be the same if he/she loved me back. But love is unconditional, isnt it?"
And how do I know so much - because I am travelling with Allison and Noah discovering love.
This feeling may not last for long - but I am savouring every moment of it. :)

3 comments:

Sujith said...

Mills n Boons is not JUST mushy...*deep grin*

Sujith said...

just wondering why doest the "word verification" throw in a sensible word once toh, atleast by some random coincidence.

Ramya Shankar said...

I've read that too.. lovely book indeed....